Some Stories Beg to be Shared

Some Stores Beg to be Shared... And I happen to have plenty...

Friday, June 4, 2010

You mistook me as your personal slave!

I consider myself to be a helpful person at work. When I see someone who needs an extra hand - and I have the time - I try to offer my assistance. I only have one stipulation: the person should be trying to do their work on their own first. It drives me bonkers when people simply decide they don't feel like doing their own work and bum it off on some else. It is one thing when you're busy and ask for help. It is another thing entirely when a person is histrionic about their work load or would simply rather play on the Internet than do what they're paid to do.

Every business has these people. I have run into a bunch of crazy situations because of this. That doesn't mean that it doesn't drive me nuts. My problem is that I try to be helpful - and I'm known for it now. When in doubt, Sarah will help bail you out! I hope they know that turn about is fair play. :-)

The worst is when a person tries to give me work in the form of a "compliment". "But Sarah, you're always so good at handling these things." Give me a break!

This morning I got to work, looked in my mail box, read a note from FORab, and immediately went straight to TNT's cube to vent. She had put in my mailbox a form that she needed to take care of with a note:

Hey Sarah - Can you please tell them it's the wrong form? Thanks!

How is it that a form that she needs to take care of gets sent to me so that I can talk to the 3rd party about the fact it is the wrong form? I think that she could have simply emailed them in the time it took for her to throw her written weight at me. She is not my supervisor, nor am I her personal secretary. FORab did the same thing last week - she wanted me to email someone to tell them they had filled out a form incorrectly. The form was dealing with something that I don't even have access to work with.

I must remember, her's is the Face of Rabies...

1 comment:

  1. Funny! My brother used to use that compliment thing to get me to make him grilled cheese sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies. He would always tell me that I made the best grilled cheese sandwich... his cheese melting abilities just weren't as expert as mine!!! Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete