Some Stories Beg to be Shared

Some Stores Beg to be Shared... And I happen to have plenty...

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Face of Rabies

Do you watch "The Office"? You know those episodes about Meredith where Dwight throws a trash bag over her head in attempts to catch a bat, thus trapping her head in the bag with the bat? And then the episode when Michael accidentally hits Meredith with a car, breaking her pelvis? While in the hospital, as you remember, Meredith finds out that not only does she have a broken pelvis from Michael, but she also has rabies from the bat incident with Dwight.

Michael decides (probably out of guilt for hitting her with the car...look it up on YouTube, it was really funny!) that the Scranton Dunder Mifflin branch should hold a Fun Run to raise money for Rabies research. As a failed attempt to raise the sympathy vote flyers were created (see photo above) appealing to people to Look Into the Face of Rabies.

While watching The Office other day it dawned on me that I know someone who looks exactly like Meredith. This particular woman happens to be the Mother of all Micromanagers everywhere. In order to entertain myself I pulled up the above picture to show to a friend and forever more when I see this lady I realize that I am looking into the Face of Rabies.

This uncanny look-a-like keeps an internal laughter going when absurd things happen - like the time she walked past me while I was working on something, then backed up and walked past again just to make sure I'd look at her to acknowledge she was walking by. Her explanation - not mine. Or the time she emailed on her day when she in a tizzy because I didn't answer an email from her within a few minutes. Oops, I forgot that I have to respond to all the 5000 emails I get daily within 10 minutes. My bad.

The more angry she gets, the more I just want to laugh. This, my friends, IS The Face of Rabies. I'm sure that more "FORab" stories will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment