Some Stories Beg to be Shared

Some Stores Beg to be Shared... And I happen to have plenty...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Failed Attempts at Normalcy

There are things in life that I take pride in. My photography, my work ethic, and the fact I snagged a good looking wonderful husband. However, sadly - there are MANY things that no matter how hard I try - I fall short of average. Being girly is one of those things. Being "cool" is another. My husband finds it his duty to point out the different ways that I have missed the bar by a mile, and we always have a good laugh. If you can't laugh at yourself for your shortcomings - how can you be able to laugh at others at theirs?? :-) Believe me - I have plenty of things I've done that call for a good laugh.


Here are a few of the odd things about me, the funny things I've done when trying too hard, and other stupid things that have happened that just make me laugh.

  • Two years ago I tried making my husband breakfast in bed for his birthday... I ended up waking him up with the fire alarm.

  • Every time I try to paint my nails (which I do not to have them painted, but to enjoy the process of painting them) - my husband asks me why I'm painting my fingers. I never fail to paint as much of my fingers as my nails.

  • Lately I've noticed that girls many times wear rings on their thumbs. I pulled out of my jewelry container a ring that someone gave to me in high school and put it on my thumb. To make it fit - I wrapped tape around the bottom side of it. My husband saw things and asked me why I was wearing a taped ring. My answer? "I was trying to look cool!"

  • My Uncle Steve, my dad's brother, came in town one day with his wife and kids. Right before we went out to lunch with him I searched everywhere for my fleece - knowing that this is the type of thing he'd wear. My husband caught me and has made fun of me sense when I wear it - saying it's what I wear when I'm trying to look cool.

  • My first date in college, with my husband, I had to have a girl from down the hall help me do my makeup. I was clueless.

  • 3 hours before my Senior Prom I got back from crawling through a cave covered head to two in mud. It took my mom and both of my sisters helping clean me up to be able to make it in time.

  • First time I tried to flip eggs - I flipped them past my pan and straight to the back of the kitchen sink.

I'm sure I will end up with several blog posts of other stupid things I've done. These are just a few for the day.

What can I say? I'm not girly, not cool, and prone to accidents. Keeps life interesting!

1 comment: