Some Stories Beg to be Shared

Some Stores Beg to be Shared... And I happen to have plenty...

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Hub of my Entertainment

I must say, I have the best husband ever! We've been together since 2003, got married in 2006, lived at 5 different addresses together, and have laughed so much together that it's amazing that we ever get anything done. Not only is JB very funny, but he's a good cook, athletic, and he is currently working on his Ph.D. Somehow I ended up with everything wonderful wrapped up in my husband. And I love him for it.

I have plenty of stories about him that I could tell - but today I'm just going to tell one. I can't ruin future blog-post possibilities.


JB was a substitute teacher after he gradu
ated from college while he was waiting for me to graduate. I love listening to teachers' stories. Kids say and do some of the funniest things - but you can't get too angry with them for what they do...you just have to laugh. The best thing is - in the midst of all the hilarity that was substitute teaching, JB still was funnier than the kids.

One day (probably after a night of too much Taco Bell) JB came home after school with his "I just did something bad" look on his face. I see this face often. I asked him what had happened at school.

It seems that my oh-so-wonderful husband had major foul-smelling flatulence problems during class. The "Silent but Deadly" kind. He devised a plan to use this fact to his own enjoyment without having to lose the face of the professional teacher. JB decided it was time for all of the students to silently work on their own work - and he would go around and help out with any questions they might have. Whenever he would be standing near a student he would let out his silent stink bomb right before he left to go help another student. He'd wait a bit, help a couple more students, then let off another stinker next to another unsuspecting student.

By the end of class there were several students being accused of smelling up the classroom. Who would have thought to blame their teacher?

JB - I love you! Thank you for keeping me smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment